Sorry for the unexpected hiatus. After much sickness and many bouts of fail, Episode 4 is here!
In which we talk about bullying in Korea, Shinhwa’s nudity, America Panties, and make way too many anime references (one of us watched too much Toonami during her childhood).
You can stream the podcast here (to download: right click and hit “save link as”)
- Opening song: Busker Busker - “Cherry Blossom Ending”
- NU’EST - “Face”
- Shinhwa - “Venus”
- SHINee - "Sherlock"
- Closing song: Busker Busker and 2 Months - cover of “Juliette” by SHINee
Click “Read More” for show notes.
- You can find a great explanation of the many facets of the word oppa at this post over at Dramabeans
- Mim actually meant Teen Top’s “Clap” not “So Crazy”
- Shinhwa’s nude photobook does exist. We were not making that shit up.
- Shinhwa’s “Wild Eyes” MV (the one in which they are super-tan and do a chair dance)
- Taemin’s weave falling out everywhere
- SHINee fan rankings that list Key as the hairiest
- SHINee’s comeback with “Sherlock” on M!Countdown
- Naengmyeon is cold noodles. Very yummy during the summer.
- The choreographer for “Sherlock” is Tony Testa
- Sailor Moon defeats Queen Beryl (dub version because it’s more lolarious)
- Sailor Moon defeats Galaxia (WARNING: much animated nudity)
- Ronin Warriors transformations
- "Sherlock" performance with tragic outfits (the one where Jonghyun’s pits made Mim’s students scream)